Ann Latsky Nursing College
Private Bag 40
Tel : 011-644-8900
Fax : 086-443-7935
The College was founded in 1951 and was known as the Witwatersrand College of Nursing. During 1980 it was named after the first principal, Dr. Ann Latsky who was the Principal from 1951 – 1957.
The College is centrally situated in the Hurst Hill and Auckland Park area, adjacent to Helen Joseph Hospital and the
University of Johannesburg
Our logo symbolizes:
The clover flame indicates growth. The three leaves symbolize the three dimensions of training
namely cognitive, affective and psychomotor.
The red centre
portrays the Holy Trinity, demonstrating the strong Christian philosophy of the College
The antique lamp of nursing
is a sign of service and compassion to humankind.
The helmet symbolizes that there is a head of the college/and dates from the
period of the knights.
The helmet sign
The helmet sign is the top part of the logo and consist of the following:
The cross symbolizes the support provided by nursing
The ring symbolizes eternity and the continuous care that is provided by nursing.
The snakes, on either side, are indicative of the snakes that represent the medical profession
The College is one of the directorates of the Gauteng Department of Health.
All education and training is provided in association with the University of Johannesburg.
The ETQA body is the South African Nursing Council.
All Nursing Education is governed by the Nursing Act 33 of 2005.